Sports Safety Checklist for Parents
Here's a list that no parent should be without when it comes to childe safety in sports.
- My child has been taken to his/her doctor for a pre-participation physical evaluation (PPE) this year.
- My child’s coaches have his/her emergency information (contact numbers, doctor information and allergy information.)
- I know the signs and symptoms of concussion, and make sure that my athlete and his/her coach know them as well.
- I make sure my child and the coach understand the value of rest during games and practices.
- I send my child to practice and games with a water bottle or sport drink. My child knows the importance of drinking plenty of water before practices and games.
- My child’s coach has regular water breaks in place so that the kids are drinking plenty of fluids during practices and games.
- I know and look for the signs and symptoms of dehydration and I’ve ensured the coach knows them, too.
- My child has properly fitted equipment for his/her sport. I have also talked to the coach about making sure my child is wearing it for both practices and games.
To learn how the children of your community can receive the Officer Phil, Deputy Phil and Firefighter Phil programs please email us at email@example.com or call 1-888-825-7445